Grilled Sesame Chicken Recipe
Chicken gets a lovely treatment from a soy marinade and basting sauce in this recipe from Catherine Allan of Twin Falls, Idaho. "The flavor you get from grilling really says summer," she notes. Enjoy some chicken for dinner and use the extra in the two recipes that follow.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to the bags; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170° , basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings plus 6 leftover chicken breast halves.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC