Grilled Seasoned Shrimp Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste, optional
- 1. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Coat a grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- 2. Grill shrimp, covered, over indirect medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Cool; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
3 large shrimp with (calculated with fat-free salad dressing and without salt) equals 267 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 259 mg cholesterol, 470 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 fruit.