Grilled Seasoned Bratwurst Recipe
Whether you're hosting a picnic at home or at a park, cook these bratwurst on the stovetop first. Then you can quickly brown them on the grill. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 8 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 8 bratwurst sandwich buns, split
- 1. Place the bratwurst in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; add the beer, onion and fennel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer mixture.
- 2. Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC