Grilled Seasoned Bratwurst
Whether you're hosting a picnic at home or at a park, cook these bratwurst on the stovetop first. Then you can quickly brown them on the grill. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 8 bratwurst sandwich buns, split
- Place the bratwurst in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; add the beer,
- onion and fennel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 4-6 minutes
- on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning
- occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.