Grilled Seasoned Bratwurst Recipe
- 8 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 8 bratwurst sandwich buns, split
- Place the bratwurst in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; add the beer, onion and fennel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer mixture.
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Seasoned Bratwurst(2)
Sort By :
Yummy!!!! I also added some sliced onion and peppers to the grill and added them to the brats when they were done. I served them with cole slaw and homemade mac and cheese and we ate them outside. Made an excellent and quick supper and I will definitely make them again....
This was on our holiday menu and they turned out delicious. Will be making this many more times.