Grilled Seasoned Beer Bratwurst Recipe
- 2 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 brat buns, split and toasted
- 1. Place bratwurst in a large saucepan; add the beer, onion and fennel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer mixture.
- 2. Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 bratwurst with bun (prepared with turkey bratwurst) equals 440 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,052 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.