- 2 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 brat buns, split and toasted
- Place bratwurst in a large saucepan; add the beer, onion and fennel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer mixture.
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Seasoned Beer Bratwurst
Sort By :
I use this recipe doubling or tripling for a crowd. Then remove the Brats and let the liquid and onions boil down to an almost syrupy sauce to keep the sausages warm after grilling.
I have made this numerous times and I always make at least 4 sausages, for leftovers when it is just my husband and me.
I omit the fennel seed because I don't like it, and I add peppers as well as onions. Made these again for July 4 and they were delicious as usual. Thanks for a great recipe!!!
This was so much easier than I imagined. I didn't have fennel seed so I'm not sure how it would taste. We all enjoyed this one.