- 2 uncooked Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 brat buns, split and toasted
- Place bratwurst in a large saucepan; add the beer, onion and fennel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer mixture.
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Seasoned Beer Bratwurst
Sort By :
"I use this recipe doubling or tripling for a crowd. Then remove the Brats and let the liquid and onions boil down to an almost syrupy sauce to keep the sausages warm after grilling."
"I have made this numerous times and I always make at least 4 sausages, for leftovers when it is just my husband and me.I omit the fennel seed because I don't like it, and I add peppers as well as onions. Made these again for July 4 and they were delicious as usual. Thanks for a great recipe!!!"
"This was so much easier than I imagined. I didn't have fennel seed so I'm not sure how it would taste. We all enjoyed this one."