For a savory take on a summer classic, our Test Kitchen came up with a brat that’s sure to please. Great summer eating can’t get much easier.
- 2 uncooked bratwurst links
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 brat buns, split and toasted
- Place bratwurst in a large saucepan; add the beer, onion and fennel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer mixture.
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve on buns with toppings of your choice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Seasoned Bratwurst in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p13
Reviews for Grilled Seasoned Beer Bratwurst
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review