- 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 24 sea scallops
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups torn Bibb lettuce or Boston lettuce
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil and soy sauce; add scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill scallops, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until the scallops are firm and opaque.
- Arrange mushrooms on a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Arrange lettuce on four serving plates. Top with asparagus, scallops, mushrooms, bacon, walnuts and cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Scallop Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Scallop Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >