Grilled Sausages with Peppers Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 2 brat buns
- Spicy brown mustard, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until softened. Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, 12-15 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, grill sausages, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve in buns with pepper mixture; if desired, top with mustard. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Sausages with Peppers
Sort By :
These were really good! A refreshing change from the usual tomato sauce that is typically served on a sausage sandwich.