Grilled Sausages with Peppers Recipe
When all I had available was ground beef and I was tired of plain-old hamburgers, I invented these. A good dose of Italian seasonings and mozzarella makes them unique. They're great with homemade French fries for a quick meal. —Steven Schend, Grand Rapids, MI
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (4 ounces each)
- 2 brat buns
- Spicy brown mustard, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until softened. Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, 12-15 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, grill sausages, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve in buns with pepper mixture; if desired, top with mustard. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sausages with Peppers in Reminisce June/July 2011, p70
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Sausages with Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2013
These were really good! A refreshing change from the usual tomato sauce that is typically served on a sausage sandwich.
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwich Recipes For Two >