Grilled Sausages with Peppers Recipe
When all I had available was ground beef and I was tired of plain-old hamburgers, I invented these. A good dose of Italian seasonings and mozzarella makes them unique. They're great with homemade French fries for a quick meal. —Steven Schend, Grand Rapids, MI
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 2 brat buns, split
- Spicy brown mustard, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until softened. Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, 12-15 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, grill sausages, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve in buns with pepper mixture; if desired, top with mustard. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without mustard) equals 488 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,002 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Sausages with Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC