When all I had available was ground beef and I was tired of plain-old hamburgers, I invented these. A good dose of Italian seasonings and mozzarella makes them unique. They're great with homemade French fries for a quick meal. —Steven Schend, Grand Rapids, MI
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 2 brat buns, split
- Spicy brown mustard, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until softened. Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, 12-15 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, grill sausages, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve in buns with pepper mixture; if desired, top with mustard. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sausages with Peppers in Reminisce June/July 2011, p70
Reviews for Grilled Sausages with Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review