Grilled Sausage-Basil Pizzas
These easy little pizzas are a wonderful change of pace from the classic cookout menu. Let everybody go crazy with the toppings. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (4 ounces each)
- 4 naan flatbreads or whole pita breads
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Cut into 1/4-in.
- Brush both sides of flatbreads with oil. Grill flatbreads, covered,
- over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Layer grilled sides with sauce, sausage, cheeses
- and basil. Return to grill; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.