Grilled Sausage-Basil Pizzas Recipe
- 4 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 4 naan flatbreads or whole pita breads
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1. Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- 2. Brush both sides of flatbreads with oil. Grill flatbreads, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- 3. Remove from grill. Layer grilled sides with sauce, sausage, cheeses and basil. Return to grill; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pizza: 808 calories, 56g fat (19g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1996mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Sausage-Basil Pizzas
"Awesome pizza! My husband likes it with BBQ. We grilled veggies and added them. I will definitely be making this again."
"Absolutely loved these. Simple to assemble and easy to adjust the quantity. I used pitas and the tomato based pasta sauce I had on hand. I also tried a few with pesto as another reviewer suggested. My husband proclaimed the pesto ones his favorite. I didn't have enough fresh basil so I used a combination of fresh and dried."
"Delicious! I did one with the red tomato basil sauce and one with basil pesto. Both were fantastic. Will definitely do this again. I used fresh mozzarella as well. My husband loved them."
"Really good! We used turkey Italian sausage links and I added some sliced red onion to the toppings as well. I also used fresh mozzarella and they tasted so good and were very filling! Great recipe!"