- 4 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (4 ounces each)
- 4 naan flatbreads or whole pita breads
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Brush both sides of flatbreads with oil. Grill flatbreads, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Layer grilled sides with sauce, sausage, cheeses and basil. Return to grill; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Sausage-Basil Pizzas
Sort By :
Delicious! I did one with the red tomato basil sauce and one with basil pesto. Both were fantastic. Will definitely do this again. I used fresh mozzarella as well. My husband loved them.
Really good! We used turkey Italian sausage links and I added some sliced red onion to the toppings as well. I also used fresh mozzarella and they tasted so good and were very filling! Great recipe!