These easy little pizzas are a wonderful change of pace from the classic cookout menu. Let everybody go crazy with the toppings. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
- 4 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 4 naan flatbreads or whole pita breads
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- Brush both sides of flatbreads with oil. Grill flatbreads, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from grill. Layer grilled sides with sauce, sausage, cheeses and basil. Return to grill; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sausage-Basil Pizzas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Sausage-Basil Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review