- 2 jars (24 ounces each) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium green peppers
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers
- 1 large sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links
- 12 brat or hoagie buns, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese, halved
- In a Dutch oven, combine spaghetti sauce and pepper flakes. Heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally; keep warm.
- Cut peppers in half. Remove and discard stems and seeds. Grill peppers and onion, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes on each side or until tender. Slice peppers. Stir onion and peppers into sauce; heat through.
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally. Place buns on baking sheets, cut side up. Top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sausages and pepper mixture. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Sausage & Pepper Heroes
Sort By :
My husband and I loved this. Will definitely make again. He took the leftovers for lunch!
My family loved this recipe! I will be making this again since it was quick, easy and yummy!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >