Grilled Salmon with Nectarines
Kerin Benjamin, Citrus Heights, California relates that her family (including two small children), liked this recipe so well, she made it for a potluck the very next day. "Everyone raved about it there, too, even people who aren't particularly fond of fish," she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 medium nectarines, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice, oil and 1/4 teaspoon
- salt. Stir in nectarines and basil; set aside.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with pepper and
- remaining salt. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on grill. Grill, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Serve with nectarine mixture. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 1/3 cup nectarines equals 307 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat,