Grilled Salmon with Nectarines Recipe
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 medium nectarines, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in nectarines and basil; set aside.
- 2. Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Place salmon, skin side down, on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with nectarine mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/3 cup nectarines equals 307 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.