Grilled Salmon with Herbed Strawberry Hollandaise Recipe
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Optional garnishes: chopped green onions and additional fresh strawberries
- 1. Place strawberries in a food processor. Cover and process until pureed; set aside 2 tablespoons for sauce. Pour remaining puree into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the vinegar, oil, cilantro, salt, cayenne and 1 teaspoon mustard. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on a grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Keep warm.
- 3. In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and remaining mustard until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Reduce heat to low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Stir in tarragon and reserved strawberry puree.
- 4. Serve immediately with salmon. Garnish with green onions and additional strawberries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with about 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without garnishes): 459 calories, 36g fat (15g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Grilled Salmon with Herbed Strawberry Hollandaise
"Easy to prepare. Served with grilled vegetables and served on bed of spinach. Will prepare for company.Tom R."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.