Every one of the ingredients in this recipe brings a ton of flavor. Both chorizo and salmon cook in a hurry, and garlic and citrus go beautifully with them, too. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 3 links (3 to 4 ounces each) fresh chorizo
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Remove chorizo from casings. In a large ovenproof skillet on a stove or grill, cook and stir chorizo, green onions and garlic over medium-high heat, crumbling sausage. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, 4-6 minutes; drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes, olives and orange peel; stir to combine. Sprinkle salt and pepper over salmon.
- On a greased grill rack, grill salmon, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes per side, or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Top with chorizo mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon with Chorizo-Olive Sauce in Taste of Home September/October 2016, p82
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Salmon with Chorizo-Olive Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review