TIP: Spreadable cheese makes a tasty sauce for grilled fish. It comes in several flavors and can be found in the specialty cheese section of your grocery store. Grilled Salmon with Cheese Sauce, developed by our home economists, uses just five ingredients. The creamy sauce complements the delicate flavor of the salmon, and the tomatoes make a colorful, nutritious side.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 carton (6-1/2 ounces) garden vegetable cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Thread the cherry tomatoes onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; set aside. Sprinkle Greek seasoning over salmon. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn and grill 7-9 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, grill tomatoes for 5-8 minutes, turning frequently.
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine cheese spread and milk. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir until blended. Serve with salmon and tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon with Cheese Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Salmon with Cheese Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review