Grilled Salmon with Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wine, soy sauce and brown sugar. Set aside 2 tablespoons mixture for basting. Stir garlic into remaining mixture. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Cover and chill until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack.
- 4. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved wine mixture. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
1 salmon fillet with 2/3 cup salsa equals 324 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Salmon with Black Bean Salsa
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.