Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tomato, avocado, onion, cilantro, oil, garlic and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Chill until serving.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Brush with remaining vinaigrette. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1/2 cup salsa equals 301 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.