Grilled Salmon Steaks Recipe
This is a terrific way to fix salmon...and it's so easy to do. The marinade mellows the fish flavor, and the dill sauce is a wonderful complement. I once served this recipe to 12 people from the Pacific Northwest who declared it was the best salmon they'd ever eaten! -Deb Essen, Victor, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper, optional
- 4 salmon steaks (1-inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- MUSTARD DILL SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Discard marinade. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with mustard dill sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC