Grilled Salmon Sandwiches Recipe
This is a recipe I often used when our family was all home. As the children grew up, it became more difficult to be together for a meal, what with school activities and such, but Sunday evenings were always ours. These delicious sandwiches helped make those Sunday meals special in our home.
- 1 can (8 ounces) red or pink salmon, well drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, well drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices white or Italian bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients. Divide and spread over 4 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread slices and dip each sandwich into combine egg and milk mixture. Brown on a well-greased griddle or skillet on both sides. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
1 serving (1 each) equals 376 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC