Grilled Salmon Kyoto
The men in my family went on a fishing trip to Alaska. They brought home an abundance of fish. The cooks in the family swapped fish recipes so we all experimented with different way to make the fish. My mom shared this recipe with us and it has become a favorite.—Sandy Zimmerman, Pierre, South Dakota
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 salmon steaks or fillets (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients until well blended.
- Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the
- salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Set
- aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain salmon and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking
- oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3
- minutes. Turn; grill or broil 2-7 minutes longer or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved
- marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford