Grilled Salmon Kyoto Recipe
The men in my family went on a fishing trip to Alaska. They brought home an abundance of fish. The cooks in the family swapped fish recipes so we all experimented with different way to make the fish. My mom shared this recipe with us and it has become a favorite.—Sandy Zimmerman, Pierre, South Dakota
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 salmon steaks or fillets (1 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients until well blended. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain salmon and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; grill or broil 2-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Salmon Kyoto
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC