- 2 salmon fillets (1 pound each)
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 cups small cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cool.
- For croutons, toss the bread cubes, oil and garlic powder in a large bowl. In a nonstick skillet, saute bread cubes for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Flake salmon into chunks. In a large bowl, combine romaine and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Add the salmon, croutons and cheese; toss gently. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2010
"My kids hate salmon but they love this dish!! Super easy and super tasty!!!"