Grilled Rubbed Pork Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place pork in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 25-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork equals 220 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Grilled Rubbed Pork
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.