Grilled Rosemary Pork Roast Recipe
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened apple cider or juice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the apples, cider, onions, honey, rosemary and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Place pork roast in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Transfer the remaining marinade to a bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain pork and discard marinade. Place pork on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Heat reserved marinade; serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
4-1/2 ounce-weight: 260 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Rosemary Pork Roast
"this is my "go to" recipe for pork loin... love it and it is always a big hit with guest."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer