Grilled Rosemary Pork Roast Recipe
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened apple cider or juice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- In a small saucepan, combine the apples, cider, onions, honey, rosemary and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Place pork roast in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Transfer the remaining marinade to a bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Drain pork and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Heat reserved marinade; serve with pork. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Rosemary Pork Roast in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p31
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Rosemary Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2012
"this is my "go to" recipe for pork loin... love it and it is always a big hit with guest."