Grilled Romaine with Chive-Buttermilk Dressing
I was grilling steak one night and wanted to make a special side dish. I'd recently seen a grilled romaine Caesar recipe, and decided to create my own version. This salad goes well with chicken, too, and couldn't be easier. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Brush romaine halves with oil. Grill romaine, uncovered, over
- medium-high heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until leaves begin to
- wilt and color, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, yogurt, chives, lemon
- juice, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; drizzle over cut sides
- of romaine. Top with cheese and bacon. Yield: 4 servings.