Grilled Romaine with Chive-Buttermilk Dressing Recipe
I was grilling steak one night and wanted to make a special side dish. I'd recently seen a grilled romaine Caesar recipe, and decided to create my own version. This salad goes well with chicken, too, and couldn't be easier. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Brush romaine halves with oil. Grill romaine, uncovered, over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until leaves begin to wilt and color, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, yogurt, chives, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; drizzle over cut sides of romaine. Top with cheese and bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Romaine with Chive-Buttermilk Dressing in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Grilled Romaine with Chive-Buttermilk Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2014
Oh, did this ever go well with grilled steak! I "cheated" and added a little crumbled bleu cheese to the dressing! I also used real bacon bits instead of cooking bacon. Thank you for submitting this recipe!