Grilled Romaine Salad
For a great tasting salad, try this recipe on the grill! Add any dressing of your choice to complete the dish.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 green onions
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 romaine hearts
- In a small bowl, whisk 1/3 cup oil, vinegar and seasonings. Set
- Brush the onions, tomatoes, cucumber and romaine with remaining oil.
- Grill the onions, tomatoes and cucumber, uncovered, over medium heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until onions are crisp-tender. Grill
- romaine for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through.
- Chop the vegetables; place in a large bowl. Whisk dressing and pour
- over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 98 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.