Grilled Romaine Salad Recipe
For a great tasting salad, try this recipe on the grill! Add any dressing of your choice to complete the dish.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 green onions
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk 1/3 cup oil, vinegar and seasonings. Set aside.
- 2. Brush the onions, tomatoes, cucumber and romaine with remaining oil. Grill the onions, tomatoes and cucumber, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until onions are crisp-tender. Grill romaine for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through.
- 3. Chop the vegetables; place in a large bowl. Whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 98 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Grilled Romaine Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC