Grilled Romaine Hearts
Romaine is a great companion for a grilled medium rare steak, but don’t leave it on the grill too long, or the leaves may scorch. —Stuart Pritchard, Commerce, Texas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise with cores intact
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar. Generously brush over all
- surfaces of romaine. Grill romaine, uncovered, over medium-hot heat
- for 1-2 minutes or until slightly charred and wilted, turning once.
- Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 romaine heart (calculated without added salt) equals 139 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.