"I first tasted a memorable combination of roast beef and green chilies at a local cafe," writes Karen Ledbetter from Fort Collins, Colorado. "In this recipe, the chilies give the quick grilled sandwich a little bite. It's simple and delicious."
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 slices rye bread
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- 10 thin slices cooked roast beef
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salsa, optional
- In a small bowl,combine the chilies, mayonnaise and mustard; spread about 1 tablespoon on one side of each slice of bread. Top one side of each of five slices of bread with 1 slice of cheese and 2 slices of beef. Cover with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of bread. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p48
Reviews for Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review