Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches for 2 Recipe
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 slices cooked roast beef (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chilies, mayonnaise and mustard; spread 1 tablespoonful over each bread slice. Layer two bread slices with beef, cheese and remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat butter; calculated without salsa) equals 358 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 917 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.