Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches for 2
"I first tasted a memorable combination of roast beef and green chilies at a local cafe," writes Karen Ledbetter of Fort Collins, Colorado. "In this recipe, the chilies give the quick grilled sandwich a little bite. It's simple and delicious!"
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 slices cooked roast beef (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Salsa, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chilies, mayonnaise and mustard; spread
- 1 tablespoonful over each bread slice. Layer two bread slices with
- beef, cheese and remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on
- each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat butter; calculated without salsa) equals 358 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 917 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.