"I first tasted a memorable combination of roast beef and green chilies at a local cafe," writes Karen Ledbetter of Fort Collins, Colorado. "In this recipe, the chilies give the quick grilled sandwich a little bite. It's simple and delicious!"
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 slices cooked roast beef (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Salsa, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chilies, mayonnaise and mustard; spread 1 tablespoonful over each bread slice. Layer two bread slices with beef, cheese and remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p9
Reviews for Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 9, 2011
"I made it with mild chilies and it still over powered the beef."