Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 slices rye bread
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- 10 thin slices cooked roast beef
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salsa, optional
- In a small bowl,combine the chilies, mayonnaise and mustard; spread about 1 tablespoon on one side of each slice of bread. Top one side of each of five slices of bread with 1 slice of cheese and 2 slices of beef. Cover with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of bread. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Roast Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
Great combo of flavors. Great way to use up leftover pot roast.
These were good! I added extra roast beef - two slices for each sandwich didn't seem like enough - and I added another slice of Swiss before adding the second slice of bread to help the sandwich stick together a little better. Served it with tomato soup for a quick dinner...
Great sandwich! I use provolone cheese. This one is saved in my recipe box and I use it often.
We have made these sandwiches many times. They are so easy and good.