Use this rub on your favorite thin-cut steaks.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Rub over both
- sides of steaks. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-in. from the
- heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak equals 409 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon,