Grilled Ribeyes with Blue Cheese Butter Recipe
- 8 beef ribeye steaks (10 ounces each)
- 12 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1. Cut slits into each steak; insert garlic slices. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt, cayenne and pepper.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Combine blue cheese and butter. Serve with steaks. Yield: 8 servings.
1 steak with 1 tablespoon butter mixture equals 769 calories, 60 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 53 g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Ribeyes with Blue Cheese Butter
"If you are a fan of blue cheese you will love this. The garlic inserted into the meat also adds a nice touch."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.