Grilled Ribeyes with Blue Cheese Butter
Fire up the grill for steaks that just melt in your mouth. They’re garlic infused, and the grill flavor is off the charts. With this recipe on hand, weeknight menus sizzle! —Jim Moody, Wichita, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 beef ribeye steaks (10 ounces each)
- 12 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Cut slits into each steak; insert garlic slices. Brush with oil and
- sprinkle with salt, cayenne and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°).
- Combine blue cheese and butter. Serve with steaks. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 1 tablespoon butter mixture equals 769 calories, 60 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 53 g protein.