- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 12 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together cream, mustard, 1/4 cup blue cheese and garlic. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; whisk occasionally.
- Meanwhile, rub meat with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill steaks, covered, on a greased rack over high direct heat 4-6 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from grill; let stand 10 minutes while sauce finishes cooking. When sauce is reduced by half, pour over steaks; top with remaining blue cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Ribeye with Garlic Blue Cheese Mustard Sauce
"This was very very good. The next time I make this though, I will up the garlic in the sauce to 2 cloves and maybe another 8th of a cup of blue cheese as I mostly tasted Dijon. But, even at that, it was very tasty. Be sure to allow plenty of time to reduce the sauce by half before you put the steaks on. My timing was off and I ended up with medium well steaks rather than the rare I prefer."