Grilled Red Potato Salad with Blue Cheese and Bacon Recipe
Grilling potatoes is an all too rare means of preparing America's most popular vegetable. And nothing says summer like grilling and potato salad. The blue cheese and bacon give a unique twist on the traditional side dish. —Lindsay Sprunk, Noblesville, Indiana
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, onion, oil, salt and pepper. Divide mixture between two double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chives, vinegar, sugar and mustard; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 402 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Red Potato Salad with Blue Cheese and Bacon
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC