Grilling potatoes is an all too rare means of preparing America's most popular vegetable. And nothing says summer like grilling and potato salad. The blue cheese and bacon give a unique twist on the traditional side dish. —Lindsay Sprunk, Noblesville, Indiana
Recommended: The 25 Most Essential Summer Recipes: A Countdown
- 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, onion, oil, salt and pepper. Divide mixture between two double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chives, vinegar, sugar and mustard; pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Red Potato Salad with Blue Cheese and Bacon in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p216
Reviews for Grilled Red Potato Salad with Blue Cheese and Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review