- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 whole star anise
- 2 orange peel strips (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 4 wooden skewers (5 inches)
- Ground salted peanuts and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Cool for 10 minutes; set aside 1/3 cup for basting.
- Cut pork chops in half widthwise. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Insert a soaked skewer into each chop. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Coat chops with peanuts and cilantro if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Red-Cooked Pork Chops in Fresh Home Summer 2010, p99
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Red-Cooked Pork Chops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >