Grilled Red Chili Steak
This super-simple recipe turns regular steak into a mouthwatering entree. “I like it best with ground ancho chili powder and a little salsa on the side.—Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 10 min. + standing
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over steak.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with
- salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef (calculated without salsa) equals 160 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet