Grilled Red Chili Steak Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over steak.
- 2. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 160 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Grilled Red Chili Steak
"Evereyone loved this recipe."
"Really easy to prepare and really tasty! I will definately make again!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.