- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over steak.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Grilled Red Chili Steak
Sort By :
Evereyone loved this recipe.
Really easy to prepare and really tasty! I will definately make again!