- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over steak.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Red Chili Steak in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p14
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Grilled Red Chili Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2009
"Evereyone loved this recipe."
Reviewed May. 25, 2009
"Really easy to prepare and really tasty! I will definately make again!"