Grilled Raspberry Chicken
Raspberry vinaigrette and raspberry jam lend a lovely fruit flavor to this moist chicken dish I created. Because the recipe uses thighs and drumsticks, it's also economical. I made it often.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 1 cup plus 4-1/2 teaspoons raspberry vinaigrette, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup vinaigrette and half
- of the rosemary. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate
- for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic
- powder, and remaining vinaigrette and rosemary; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken skin side down on grill
- rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn; grill 10-20 minutes longer or until juices a meat thermometer
- reads 180°, basting occasionally with raspberry sauce. Yield: 6
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot