- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 racks of lamb (1-1/2 to 2 pounds each)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Remove 1 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning once or twice.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Cover rib ends of lamb with foil. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15 minutes.
- Baste with reserved marinade. Grill or broil 5-10 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Rack of Lamb in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p62
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Rack of Lamb
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review