Grilled Prosciutto Asparagus
After tasting an asparagus appetizer at a lovely restaurant, I created my version of it to enjoy at home. —Michele Merlino, Wakefield, Rhode Island
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Cut prosciutto slices in half; spread with cheese. Wrap a prosciutto
- piece around each asparagus spear; secure ends with toothpicks.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until prosciutto
- is crisp, turning once. Discard toothpicks. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 asparagus spear equals 30 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.