After tasting an asparagus appetizer at a lovely restaurant, I created my version of it to enjoy at home. —Michele Merlino, Wakefield, Rhode Island
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Cut prosciutto slices in half; spread with cheese. Wrap a prosciutto piece around each asparagus spear; secure ends with toothpicks. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp, turning once. Discard toothpicks. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Grilled Prosciutto Asparagus in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p25
Reviews for Grilled Prosciutto Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2016
"great flavor combination!"
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2014
"Love this with grilled steak"
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2013
"We made some with goat cheese and some with cream cheese, and they turned out fantastic! Great recipe!"
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
"Very good, easy to make."
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2013
"Namayna - what temp do you cook at in the oven?"