Grilled Pound Cake with Warm Amaretto Bananas Recipe
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 slices pound cake (about 1 inch thick)
- Sweetened whipped cream and toasted sliced almonds, optional
- 1. Melt 2 teaspoons butter; drizzle over a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 10 in. square). Place bananas on foil; top with brown sugar, amaretto and lemon juice. Dot with remaining butter. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Grill pound cake for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Open foil packets carefully, allowing steam to escape. Spoon bananas over pound cake; top with whipped cream and almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cake slice with 1/4 cup bananas (calculated without optional toppings) equals 254 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.