Banana, butter and caramel flavors go so well together, they make them into desserts in fancy restaurants. Add a sweet almond liqueur such as Amaretto and a little lemon juice, then head straight for the grill to make your own elegant version. —Carol Traupman-Carr, Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 slices pound cake (about 1 inch thick)
- Sweetened whipped cream and toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Melt 2 teaspoons butter; drizzle over a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 10 in. square). Place bananas on foil; top with brown sugar, Amaretto and lemon juice. Dot with remaining butter. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Grill pound cake for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Open foil packets carefully, allowing steam to escape. Spoon bananas over pound cake; top with whipped cream and almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pound Cake with Warm Amaretto Bananas in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p27
Reviews for Grilled Pound Cake with Warm Amaretto Bananas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review