- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices pound cake (about 1 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and mint; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in remaining sugar. Add lemon juice and peel; beat until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until light golden brown. Serve with berry mixture and whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
Sort By :
I have an awesome recipe for poundcake. Store bought poundcake doesn't compare.
I made this simple dessert for a family get together. Everyone raved about it which makes it a keeper and a new family favourite.
I think I gained 5 lbs. I think I will make an other one. thanks a lot .
This was wonderful. The whipped cream was light and airy with the hint of lemon in it made it very refreshing. My whole family loved it. Definitely a crowd pleaser.
Many of our classic recipes need to be shown again and, even, reviewed. It reminds some of us of what we've forgotten. It introduces "oldies, but goodies" to newer generations. Yes, toasted/grilled pound cake is a classic. And, deservedly, so.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >