The toasty flavor of lightly grilled pound cake makes it the perfect accompaniment for summertime berries. Lemon-kissed whipping cream is a delightful finishing touch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices pound cake (about 1 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and mint; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in remaining sugar. Add lemon juice and peel; beat until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until light golden brown. Serve with berry mixture and whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Pound Cake with Berries in Backyard Living July/August 2006, p65
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review